Gaming is one of the most popular industries of our modern age with over 1 million games released. This huge number of games provides choice for the player. Since there is a game for almost every style a person has in mind like RPG games for role players to shooting games like Counter-Strike, call of duty and Battlefield 5 to children’s game like Disney’s Tarzan or the little mermaid, needless to say, you don’t lack options when it comes to gaming. But to play you will need the tool that allows you to play these games and that is either a PC or a console. This article will help you find the top 5 best gaming consoles of all times.
5. Nintendo Switch
Although Nintendo Switch is a very good console for gaming. It is in the fifth spot in our list of top 5 best gaming consoles, with great graphics and amazing games. The Nintendo switch is quite popular especially with the younger audience of gaming with it being portable and giving the ability to play anywhere. It provides a great game console you can take with you. On the other hand, the only real problem is that it is not backward compatible by default with older Nintendo games.
- CPU/GPU: NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor
- Storage 32 GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. expandable storage microSDHC or microSDXC cards up to 2TB (sold separately).
- Video output Up to 1080p via HDMI in TV mode and up to 720p with the built-in screen
- Battery life Approximately 4.5 – 9 hours
- The battery life is reliant of the games played.
- Game card slot: Nintendo Switch game cards
4. Sega genesis – Video Game Console
If you are still a fan of old school games. Sega genesis is old but gold. With it we can stay play old titles and fun games like super Mario, sonic the hedgehog, Megaman, Pulseman, and many more…
There is no question Sega has solidified itself as the leader of the old retro style games. But again old does not mean bad and with the way things are going, they will still be good for a very long time.
- CPU: Zilog Z80 @ 3.58 MHz
- GPU: VDP (Video Display Processor)
- Memory: 72 kB of main RAM
- Storage: ROM cartridge
- Optical Drive: ROM cartridge
- Video Output: RGB SCART cable
- Resolution: 320×240,
- Audio: Yamaha YM2612
3. Nintendo 3DS Game Pool
A successor to the Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS adds 3D capabilities to the DS games with the need for 3D glasses.
The reason Nintendo 3DS beats the Nintendo switch in our list is simply because of the sheer size of the game pool. You simply have so many more options with it and so many of its games are extremely loved by fans. Although it is old but still amazing to play those games.
- CPU 804 MHz ARM11 MP Core quad-core
- Graphics 204 MHz DMP PICA200
- 256MB RAM
- 1GB Hard drive
2. Microsoft Xbox Series X
Following the top 5 best gaming consoles, Microsoft Xbox Series X is at number 2. Build by a well-known company and a successor to the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One consoles. The Xbox Series X console houses a large number of popular titles and with powerful hardware to make sure the games run smoothly. While allowing for online capabilities which make the Second-best of all times in the top 5 gaming consoles list.
- 8 Core 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz w/SMT) CPU Custom Zen 2 CPU
- GPU. 12 Teraflops, 52 control units at 1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
- Memory. 16GB GDDR6 w/320 bit-wide bus
- Memory Bandwidth. 10GB at 560 GB/s, 6GB at 336 GB/s.
- Internal Storage. 1TB Custom NVME SSD
- Gaming Resolution. True 4K
- High Dynamic Range. Up to 8K HDR
- Optical Drive. 4K UHD Blu-Ray
1. Sony PlayStation 5
Sony’s PlayStation is iconic and has been so for years from a game title like final fantasy to Time Crisis. The PlayStation covered so many games that the gaming community loves and has spent countless hours enjoying them.
The PS5 comes with:
- CPU: AMD Zen 2 8 cores 3.5GHz (variable frequency) CPU
- GPU: 10.28 Teraflops, 36 Control units reaching 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: RDNA 2.
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit.
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s.
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD.
- Usable storage: 667.2GB.
The PlayStation itself 1 through 5 is an amazing technology but given the nature of consoles usually, we have to go by the latest for the most modern titles that are why this list has the PS5 as one of the best gaming console.