Maintaining appropriate hydration is critical for your body to function correctly. Each day, an adult human should consume between 3 and 4 liters of water. Is it difficult for you to drink that much water? Do not be concerned. Several of your favorite fruits are high in water, which helps you keep hydrated. The following is a list of the top 10 fruits with the highest water content.
10. Pineapple – Water Content: 87%
Pineapple is well-known for its high water content. You could taste it from the very first bite. Of course water makes up 87 percent of the weight of this magnificent fruit. Even pineapples are hydrating, but they’re also delicious.
Pineapple Health Benefits
- Vitamin C-rich pineapples Vitamin E protects cells from damage. Boosting your immune system.
- Pineapples contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can help with digestive issues.
- They are high in manganese, which supports bone health.
- Its’ antioxidants and high vitamin C content can help prevent macular degeneration (a severe eye disease that leads to vision loss)
9. Orange – Water Content: 87%
Oranges are one of the fruits that you could select to have after your workout. The explanation for this is self-evident. It will hydrate and revitalize you in a short period. On the other hand, water makes up 87 percent of the weight of this delectable fruit.
Other Orange Health Benefits
- Oranges include limonoids, a phytochemical that helps prevent cancer.
- Their high soluble fiber content can lower cholesterol.
- Further high potassium content benefits the heart.
- Vitamin C in oranges can help skin health.
8. Peach – Water Content: 88%
Peaches are an excellent source of vitamin C. It is consists of 88 percent water. You can eat them whole or peeled. Further peeling the peach skin reduces its vitamin content. Also have a look on the health benefits of this fruit.
Other Peach Health Benefits
- A peach can help you relax.
- A phenolic phytochemical (a biological compound)helps fight cardiovascular disorders.
- Peaches are high in vitamin C and A.
- Peach fiber can help with stomach disorders.
7. Cantaloupe – Water Content : 90%
Following the top 10 fruits contain higher water content, Cantaloupes are a low-calorie dessert choice. The cantaloupe-flavored water is a beautiful summer drink. In addition to we have also compiled the health benefits of this delicious fruit that are equally important.
Cantaloupe Health Benefits
- Cantaloupe is high in Vitamin C and A, which help boost the immune system.
- It contains potassium to help regulate blood pressure.
- Cantaloupe’s beta carotene fights cataracts and improves vision.
- Cantaloupe’s low-calorie content aids weight loss.
6. Strawberry – Water Content: 91%
Strawberry is a deliciously vitalizing fruit. This fantastic fruit is 91% water. However it’s flavored water is one of the most incredible post-workout drinks.
Strawberry Health Benefits
- Flavonoids, a strawberry pigment, lessen the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Strawberry’s vital Vitamin K and magnesium content can help bone health as well as Vitamin C content boosts immunity.
- Additionally it also contains potassium concentration that helps regulate blood pressure
5. Grapefruit – Water Content: 91%
The grapefruit is one of the world’s healthiest fruits. This fruit is mostly water. Grapefruit is tangy in taste. Sugar over grapefruit chunks enhances the flavor. The juice is particularly good for the summer heat.
Grapefruit Health Benefits
- Fruits low in calories help lose weight.
- Granadillas contain a lot of potassium and can help lower
- Grapefruits are high in anti-cancer antioxidants.
- Consume grapefruit to relieve constipation.
4. Starfruit – Water Content: 91%
Starfruit or Carambola is a unique fruit with a sweet and acidic flavor. It’s popular since it’s healthful and refreshing. You can use it as raw. Starfruit is a fruit that is 91 percent water.
Starfruit Health Benefits
- Flavonoids and antioxidants reduce inflammation.
- Starfruits’ high fiber and low-calorie content aid in weight loss.
- Hemorrhoids and hangovers
- Starfruits are high in potassium and can help lower blood pressure.
3. Watermelon – Water Content: 92%
While discussing top 10 fruits, how could we forget to mention watermelon here. A fruit that comes to mind while thinking about a summer refreshment: watermelon is a water-rich fruit. 92 percent of this fruit is water. Watermelons are rich in nutrients besides water.
Watermelon Health Benefits
- Watermelon is high in lycopene. It’s a phytonutrient that fights cancer cells.
- High fiber content aids digestion.
- In addition to, high Vitamin A content is healthy for hair and skin which is present in this fruit.
- These are rich in heart-healthy vitamins A, C, and B6.
2. Tomato – Water Content: 94%
Yes, Tomatoes are fruits. It looks like a vegetable. This fantastic fruit is nutritious and hydrating. A tomato is 94% water. Tomatoes are sumptuous in salads, sandwiches, and uncooked. Tomatoes are hydrating and provide several health advantages.
Tomato Health Benefits
- Macular degeneration is a condition that causes vision loss.
- Tomatoes can help lower blood pressure.
- Lycopene (phytochemical) reduces cancer risk.
- Tomatoes are suitable for your skin and also can help protect your skin from sun damage.
1. Cucumber – Water Content: 96%
Last but not the least, we are Cucumber at number 1 in our list of top 10 fruits. This green fruit has the highest water content (96%) of all fruits. It’s a beautiful summer drink. In the same way, cucumber slices or cucumber salads can hydrate and energize you. Cucumber-flavored water is also an excellent detox drink.
Cucumber Health Benefits
- Cucumber water helps in toxin detoxification.
- Its’ fisetin flavonoid boosts brain health along with high fiber content that helps indigestion.
- Cucumber slices can help decrease eye bags. Furthermore, its’ facial mask helps improve the skin’s appearance.
- Another major benefit of eating this fruit can help prevent kidney stones.
The purpose of compiling this list for you is that you people get to know the health benefits of the fruits you eat in everyday routine. There are many other amazing facts regarding your fitness on this page.